SELF STORAGE UNIT TIPS
Self Storage Tips to Keep Your Belongings in Good Condition in our St. Petersburg, Florida, Facility
When searching for the right storage facility for your items, many will suggest you seek a location that has adequate security measures like camera surveillance, enough ample space to comfortably fit your belongings, and a clean and tidy facility that provides pest control. These are all essential storage tips in order to keep your property safe and in good condition. Still, there are also other self storage tips you can follow to ensure your items do well in their new environment. In the past 25 years, our staff at Smart Move™ Moving & Storage has stored hundreds of thousands of items in our St. Petersburg facility for residents of Clearwater, Largo, Brandon, Tampa, and everywhere throughout Florida; in those years we’ve devised a few storage tips that could be helpful to you, our valued customers.
When packing your items and placing them into your unit follow these storage tips for best results:
- If you’re using boxes to pack your items, always stick to a uniform size since they’re easier to stack. Also, keep the heavier boxes on the bottom and the lighter boxes on the top.
- If you’re using boxes make sure to fill them to the top, even if it’s with padding. Leaving your boxes only partially full will cause them to flatten if anything is placed on them, which could damage your belongings. Plus, you will have less storage space if you can’t stack boxes because they are too empty to support weight on top of them.
- One of our more important storage tips involves security. Although you’ve made sure that your facility has surveillance, you should still take some precautions. Buy a high quality padlock for your door and store all of your valuable items toward the back of your unit.
- For a quick and convenient visit, form small walkways between your boxes and furniture. This way you can reach all your items without having to move anything.
- The most important of our self storage tips is to never store anything flammable or combustible in your storage unit. Do not store gasoline, paint thinner, oils or cleaning fluids. Drain any machinery that may have gasoline before placing it in storage.
Whether you live in Largo, Clearwater, Brandon, Tampa or beyond, Smart Move™ Moving and Storage will gladly and safely store you precious belongings. We encourage you to follow our storage tips when you do decide to store with us. Our storage tips were developed to help your experience go as smoothly as possible.
Contact us today at 1-800-258-4398 for more information on our self storage tips and how they’ll keep your property protected and your house clutter-free.*Ask about our specials!*