The Top Five Questions to Ask Your Tampa, FL, Mover
Finding a mover in the Tampa Bay, Florida, area who you can trust with your most precious belongings is no easy feat. Oftentimes, moving companies will try to entice customers with a low price, only to demand a much larger payment before they unload your items and rightfully return them. In other cases, your mover might leave you with a less than savory crew to work with. These problems can be avoided, however, if you know the right questions to ask your potential mover beforehand.
Some of the most important questions you can ask your Tampa, FL, mover are:
- Do you work for the mover or are you a broker? – Brokers help customers match up with moving companies, but they cannot give you a binding estimate. They are also not responsible for any loss or damage to your belongings.
- How long has your company been in business? – Movers who’ve been around for several years have gained valuable experience and have garnered satisfactory results if they’ve been able to stay in business for so long.
- Does the quote include any extra charges? – Ask about any hidden costs. A good mover should be able to give you a comprehensive list of fees you could be charged for, such as fuel charges, traveling a flight of stairs, or carrying objects that are awkward to hold.
- What forms of payment do you accept and what are the terms? – Steer clear of any mover who only accepts cash, and you never want to pay for a move in full up-front. You should only have to pay in full once all of your items have been safely delivered and are accounted for.
- What type of insurance is included in my quote? – You will typically be able to buy additional insurance to cover the full value of your belongings in case they’re lost or damaged. Make sure you’re clear on exactly what the insurance covers, including if it covers the full replacement value of the item.
If you’re looking for a reputable mover in the Tampa, FL, area, keep Smart Move Moving in mind. We have been in business since 1993, and always provide professional service our customers can count on. Contact us today for a free quote.