Tips for Communicating with Your Tampa, FL Movers
Movers can be a smart splurge when you relocate in Tampa, FL – but to maximize the return on your investment, you’ll need to communicate effectively with your team. This is true both before and after you make the hire – and, of course, on the day of the actual move. So how can you communicate most effectively with your movers?
During preliminary research…
– If you have a budget, state it up front. If they know what you can afford, movers may be willing work with you to keep expenses below a certain number – with no unpleasant surprises when the final bill comes.
– When you request a quote, find out exactly what the quote includes. Is it hourly or flat-rate? Will you have to pay surcharges for equipment or mileage?
While finalizing your plans…
– Strategize a game plan. What time will your moving crew arrive? Should they call you when they’re on their way? Will they need a gate code? Where will they park the moving van? Hammer out the little details in advance to make moving day less hectic.
– Discuss when payment is due – and what forms of payment your movers accept.
When moving day rolls around…
– If you’re planning to help with boxes and lighter furniture, ask if they have a specific plan for loading the truck. This can save quite a bit of unnecessary re-arranging.
– Be open to their professional opinion. Some things – like deciding the best way to transport a fragile item – are best left to experienced Tampa movers.
– Make sure your movers have your contact number in case of any incidents en route to your new home.
– If you notice an issue with one of your possessions being damaged by a mover, point it out politely. If possible, provide your moving team with a picture of the item prior to the move, and inquire about their damaged item policy.
Want to connect with our team of professional Tampa, Florida movers? Call us today for a free quote.