Mini Storage Tips from Smart Move Moving & Storage in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, and Throughout the Tampa Bay Area
There are so many reasons out there to go through all your extra clutter to create more space. Whether you are moving or just doing some much needed cleaning and organizing, mini storage in St. Petersburg is a great way to store all your unneeded belongings.
In order to make using mini storage easier and more accessible, please take the following tips into consideration when packing and moving your things into a self-storage unit:
- Organize your things into what can be donated, what needs to be thrown away, and what is being put into storage.
- Use large boxes when packing for lighter items and small boxes for heavier items.
- Pack books flat in smaller boxes to prevent damage to the spine and binding.
- Individually wrap glass items and dishware, and store plates on their side to prevent crushing and breakage.
- If you are storing large items such as refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, or washing machines keep in mind that soft items like extra clothes and linens can be packed inside of them to free up even more space.
- When loading your mini storage unit keep valuables in unmarked, secure boxes in the back and make sure items you may need later, like clothes or files, are marked and easily accessible in the front.
- Cover furniture with blankets or tarps and store on their sides to prevent damage.
The secure mini storage units available here at Smart Move Moving & Storage are climate and pest controlled for your convenience, and they are available in a variety of sizes and price plans to suit any storage need and budget.
Call or e-mail us today for more information about our available mini storage units, our moving services, and to learn more about our current specials.